How are management software borned?
What is a management software for? How are software used in restaurants?
We answer all these questions.
Definition and creation of management software
A management software is a computer program that allows the automation of some business processes.
There are some macro types, depending on the needs:
- for the warehouse
- for financial management and analysis
As on all software products, it evolved rapidly after the early seventies, mainly due to the gradual decrease in the cost of computers and the spread of personal computers.
The emergence of development environments such as COBOL, a programming language suitable for processing commercial data, also contributed to the dissemination process.
Businesses and workers have come closer and closer to this type of technology.
Around the nineties, there was a change: the transition from management software with a character-based interface to a new-generation graphical interface.
In addition, the prints have gone from typical characters to graphics on lasers.
What are the advantages of software management ?
Nowadays one cannot think of the success of a company without the use of management software because the advantages they bring are the key to gain a competitive advantage. For example:
- Speed, crucial in the sectors in contact with the customer such as catering and the hotel world
- Accuracy: to err is human and to avoid performing some steps manually gives us a guarantee of accuracy
- Security, ensured by the possibility of being able to keep any document, even in multiple copies, without the need for large spaces
- Analysis, data crossover and reporting, very useful tools to establish and / or modify one’s business strategy according to indicators relevant to one’s business, which can always be kept under control
- remote use
- reduction of time and labor costs: the machine costs you less than an employee!
Management software in catering
Management software has also specialized in the production and administrative sectors. There are software that deal with logistics, others for shops or for the warehouse.
In catering, the software has found application in the context of orders. The emblem of this statement is the palmtop.
Currently, catering software is not limited to this, but they are able to manage tables, stocks, price lists, reservations and many other aspects.
Ristomanager and the advantages of a management software
Here are some examples of what allows you to do management software like Ristomanager:
- manage the tables
- see statistics on your activity
- manage the products, precisely setting the quantities available for each item
- possibility to use it on any computer and on any tablet with at least 7 “screens
- use without internet connection, so you don’t have to lose the orders if the power goes out