Are you thinking of opening a pub but don’t know where to start or what the management is? Here are some tips.
The pub is a model of local origin of Great Britain and Ireland. A pub usually serves beer but over the years the service has been integrated with all sorts of drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and with various “snacks”.
The ideal venue for this purpose should possess the typical characteristics of English and Irish pubs: suppliers of beer, also artisanal, and other drinks and maybe live music.
For the first expenses such as the rent of the premises, the interior furnishings, the signs, six months of supplies, and at least a couple of helpers, it is necessary to allocate a figure ranging from 60 thousand to 80 thousand euros. Obviously it depends on the size of the room and its location.
But how much can you earn with the opening of a pub?
If you manage to work well with your customers, after about 36 months the gain begins. A family environment to share with friends and good quality beer at a reasonable price are the elements sought by patrons.
For opening of this type of venue we will need:
- a certified report of the beginning of activity (SCIA) a declaration of beginning of productive activity (DIAP).
- the HACCP certification and the SAB-ICAL certification (The latter is mandatory only for the owner and is not mandatory if you have a hotel school diploma or a period of work, between 2 and 5 years (depending on the Region) ), in a similar structure.
- Follow the ASL regulations for health and safety of the premises. (The checks are stringent and if you do not follow the instructions, you risk high fines and sometimes closure).
- VAT number
- registration with the Chamber of Commerce (Business Register).
- With live music, you need to respect the corresponding SIAE regulations.
You could also consider opening in franchising and getting in touch directly with chains of pubs and being the enterprenurs of this unusual franchise in our area.
Pub management: what are the principles of the following to a better manage a room?
A bar manager wakes up early and goes to sleep late and managing a restaurant means taking into account a large number of factors: inventory, equipment maintenance, accounting and of course customers. Now let’s see what are the salient points to consider for the management-pub.
- Know how to save and optimize costs by redistributing them. Identify the costs that have the greatest impact on your monthly budget, restrict the list to the most expensive and try to lower the cost without losing quality.
- Customer loyalty. Give your local guests an atmosphere and experiences to relive thanks to a hospitable environment with the help of the staff. an affectionate customer returns and brings other people with him.
- Carefully take care of the inventory and make sure nothing is missing and nothing goes wrong.
- Take advantage on social media. People are increasingly consulting reviews on social media and review sites.
- Always keep in mind your customers’ opinion. It studies competition and evaluates appropriate strategies to draw lessons but also to avoid the mistakes of others.
- Summarizing the customer’s experience must be unforgettable and this is only possible with good teamwork, a trained and competent team and excellent management.