To increase the number of customers in a restaurant or bar it is necessary to guarantee a professional service in addition to the quality of food and drinks.
The figure that ensures this is undoubtedly the waiter, the person who acts as a link between the needs of the customer and the kitchen or bar.
Today it is one of the most important budget items in the management of a venue. . What can be done then to improve the efficiency of the waiters while simultaneously saving time and money?
An optimal solution is the purchase of hand-held devices for ordering.
The waiter is also able to provide better assistance to customers in the choice of dishes.
It can direct them towards the dish of the day or recommend them according to particular dietary needs.
- To be able to speed up the work of the waiters, it is better to visit the herds: on the table or take orders.
- When a waiter types the order, the kitchen is informed in real time. Know exactly how many orders there are for that dish, avoiding misunderstandings and optimizing production times.
- With the use of palmtops it is consequently possible to simplify the work of the waiters who distribute the dishes in the dining room. Know exactly which dish to bring to which table should brink and which not . When a waiter passes through the room, he often collects customer requests such as bringing an extra bottle of water, oil, salt and pepper, or even simply indicating where the services are. These are frequently asked questions that go beyond those related to food and drink.
- A handheld computer can store multiple extra requests simultaneously. Thanks to a professional PDA you can therefore improve the efficiency of the waiters by lightening their mind from the effort of having to remember so many things together.
- In short, speeding up the work of waiters through the use of PDAs is an intelligent way to manage an activity in the restaurant business and has advantages for everyone:
1.local customers who are served better, more quickly and therefore tend to come back more often;
2.the waiters who work more concentrated and more efficiently;
3.the owner who optimizes the costs of managing his business, his resources and sees an increase in revenues in the medium term.