Italian restaurants in Germany combine Italian taste and German love for Italy. It would seem a winning combination but it is good to pay attention to the procedure to follow.
Find out what German customers are looking for
The world of commerce generally does not allow complete authenticity. There will have to be tears to the very strict Italian culinary rule to satisfy customers. It is necessary to pay due attention to local tastes and arm oneself with mental flexibility.
Italian restaurants in Germany: A long culinary history
The market in Germany is full of Italian restaurants that have been working there for many years. After all, the first Italian immigration dates back to the 1960s. Certainly the success of these restaurants ensures appreciation for our cuisine by German customers.
Italian restaurants in Germany, where to open them?
Germany is a rich country, but with different realities. Opening up in a city rather than another makes its difference. Which are the most popular cities?
- Hamburg is an administrative division and is the richest area in Germany. Opening here would allow you to try your hand at restaurants with excellent ingredients or even street food.
- Bremen: here too the Hamburg speech applies. It would not be difficult to open a quality place.
- Baviera: location closer to Italy, both geographically and culturally.
- Berlin would seem the ideal destination but the market is very competitive. Generally, here, very little is spent on eating out. Keep that in mind!
- Stuttgart presents itself with many of our compatriots established in the made in Italy trade.
- Frankfurt is rich and also frequented by important people. Let us not forget the ‘important density of banks including the European Central Bank.
The German customer who visits Italian restaurants:
- He generally knows the quality of our products;
- It requires a medium / high level;
- he is used to spending without excesses.
The German bureaucracy
There are three important points:
- VAT number: for your restaurant you can choose between a sole proprietorship, a partnership or a limited company;
- food sector authorizations;
- legal and fiscal management of personnel: simply consult an accountant.
What kind of restaurant do you open?
Here are some possible ideas:
- Italian Street Food: wallet pizzas, trousers, arancini, light fried;
- regional cuisine with DOP products and DOC wines;
- cuisine for celiacs;
Italian restaurants in Germany: Business plan?
Planning before opening our restaurant is fundamental: from the financial to the furniture, from the choice of suppliers to the offer on the menu and let us not forget marketing and competition.
A good business plan must include:
- The target
- A study of competition;
Let’s not forget the language, very important if you want to open an activity abroad. It can be learned in Italy in specialized schools, and also in Germany.
To open any business you want commitment and luck. Only in this way will it be possible to have the deserved suffocation, as for everything.